Friday, August 10, 2012

What to do when in a reading rut?

Book Blogger Hop

Who is your go-to author when you are in a reading rut?

This is today's question for the book-blogger hop. While I'm excited to participate, I'm not sure I can answer the question in the way it was intended. When I'm in a reading "rut" it means I need to try something new, so I don't have a go-to author for that. However, last winter I read my first Stephen King book in a long time, and I picked it up at a time when I wasn't sure what I wanted to be reading. It was 11/22/63.

I enjoyed it. I thought the plot was very well done, with all the time-travel and details about the 1960s, and I really enjoyed the main character and the first-person narrative. But I also was reminded of why I stopped reading Stephen King in the first place. He could trim off at least a third of most of his books, and they'd be more effective. (At least in my opinion.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurel. one of these days, I'll have to read my first stephen king book :D **New Follower via GFC**
    bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete